Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring is a video game developed by Frogwares and published in 2004 for Microsoft Windows by Digital Jesters in Europe and Ubisoft in North America. It was released on 27 August 2004.
At a reception organised in honour of his daughter, Melvyn Bromsby, a rich tycoon, is about to make an important announcement concerning his future business affairs when, all of a sudden, a shot rings out. Sir Bromsby collapses, having suffered a mortal wound to the heart. A baffling murder, dozens of witnesses and numerous places to visit around Victorian London.
You play Sherlock Holmes, and use all your skills to shed light on this mysterious case. As Holmes, you spend time searching for important clues, most of which the bumbling police force will miss. Items are at least partly visible, though some don’t become “hot” until an action in the game triggers them. You also analyze various clues using Holmes’s desktop laboratory.
- Assume the role of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson and meet all the heroes of the novels: Inspector Lestrade, Wiggins, Mycroft and many others!
- Investigate 5 murders! Over 40 witnesses to question, 200 clues to uncover and over 25 hours of gameplay to solve the mystery.
- Explore Victorian London, which is magnificently and faithfully reproduced in 3D.
- Between each level Sherlock Holmes sets you a quiz which will validate your progress in the case.
- The adventure is full of vivid cut scenes to heighten the dramatic aspect of the story.